Council has made the decision to cancel the Public Forum on Monday: Anyone who had intended to speak at the public forum on 20th April can submit their intended submission to Council which will be distributed to Councillors. Submissions can be submitted via email to [email protected] (using the email subject line "Public Forum speech") or in-person by dropping a printed copy to Council’s Customer Service desk. All speeches must be received by MIDNIGHT Sunday 19 April.
Thank you for watching, as always, please share any feedback with me.
P.S. Not hearing any sound? Try hovering your cursor over the video image and in the bottom left corner is a volume control separate to the volume control on your computer.
Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda in writing
1. MAYORAL MINUTE - 125 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF LANE COVE COUNCIL Special note that Lane Cove Council first met in April 1895 - 125 years ago.
2. MAYORAL MINUTE - COVID 19 FINANCIAL SUPPORT - Summary of all the initiative Council has done to date to support our community during COVID-19. Secondly, propose to write to Federal and State Government to support with addition funds the estimated $5 million impact on Council's budget.
3. MAYORAL MINUTE - ST LEONARDS SOUTH APRIL 2020 UPDATE - An update that Council staff are currently preparing an analysis of the Department of Planning Charrette Report to ensure there is enough information for Council to respond to the IPC’s recommendations.
NOTICES OF MOTION
4. NOTICE OF MOTION - COVID-19 - KICK STARTING THE ECONOMY, SUPPORTING LOCAL BUSINESS AND SECURING AUSTRALIA’S SOVEREIGNTY AND ECONOMIC FUTURE Proposals for further initiatives Council can undertake to help our community through COVID-19.
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
5. COMPLETION OF THE CANOPY PROJECT - Update on The Canopy. Coles and Aldi scheduled to open on 13th June. The park, children’s playground, performance stage and village green will not open until the Public Health Orders have been lifted and use of the areas are permitted. Restaurants will open when economic conditions permit.
6. DRAFT PLAYGROUND STRATEGY 2020 - Proposal that the Draft Playground Strategy be placed on public exhibition for 6 weeks.
7. 2020/2021 DRAFT BUDGET, FEES AND CHARGES AND DELIVERY PROGRAM AND OPERATIONAL PLAN - Proposal to put on public exhibition the 2020-2021 Draft Budget and Draft Fees and Charges, the Delivery Program 2020-2022, and the Operational Plan 2020-21.
8. LOCAL STRATEGIC PLANNING STATEMENT - IMPLEMENTATION - Following advice from the Greater Sydney Commission, proposal that Council finalise and implement the LSPS.
9. DOG WALKING AT BLACKMAN PARK – UPDATE - Feedback that no major dog related incidents have taken place at Blackman Park since changes to rules were implemented in May 2019 have been successful and achieved the desired outcome of greater community safety.
10. MARCH 2020 TRAFFIC COMMITTEE MEETING - Summary of changes to some local traffic conditions in Lane Cove.
11. LANE COVE LITERARY AWARDS REVIEW - Proposal that there be no Lane Cove Literary Awards in 2020 due to COVID-19 health measures; The Lane Cove Literary Awards be run as a bi-annual prize commencing 2021; and an entry fee be introduced in 2021 to offset the purchase/subscription of an online submission software.
12. SUSTAINABILITY SMALL GRANTS APPLICATIONS - ROUND 19 - Proposal to award sustainability small grants to Manly Waringah Womens Refuge to the value of $5,000 and to the Lane Cove Concert Band to the value of $1,545.
13. OLG COUNCILLOR SUPERANNUATION DISCUSSION PAPER - Proposal to defer considerations of paying Councillors superannuation due to COVID-19.
14. COUNCIL SNAPSHOT MARCH 2020 - If you are going to read any part of the Agenda papers - this snapshot is an interesting and factual read of what Council does. Particularly interesting if you like graphs.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.
Councillor Andrew Zbik
P.S. Did you know - you can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter? Please feel free to share this email with neighbours, family and friends who would like to keep up to date with what is happening in our area.