Council has made the decision to cancel the Public Forum on Monday: Anyone who had intended to speak at the public forum on 16 March can submit their intended submission to Council which will be distributed to Councillors. Submissions can be submitted via email to [email protected] (using the email subject line "Public Forum speech") or in-person by dropping a printed copy to Council’s Customer Service desk. All speeches must be received by 5pm Monday 16 March.
Thank you for watching, as always, please share any feedback with me.
P.S. Not hearing any sound? Try hovering your cursor over the video image and in the bottom left corner is a volume control separate to the volume control on your computer.
Below is a quick summary of the meeting agenda in writing
- MAYORAL MINUTE - NATIONAL REDRESS SCHEMEUpdate on how Council may participate in the National Redress Scheme that has been established by the Federal Government in response to recommendations of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
MOTION ON NOTICE
- Kingsford Smith Oval - Dog Leash Free UseProposal (That is close to the unsuccessful motion moved at the February meeting) to deal with changes to access for Dogs on Kingsford Smith Oval.
- Sydney Buses Privatisation / FranchiseA motion that I am moving for Council to write to the NSW State Government opposing the proposal to privatise or franchise Sydney Buses in our region.
Click Here to Sign the 'Save our Buses' Petition
OFFICER REPORTS FOR DETERMINATION
- Planning Proposal 31 for 524-542 Pacific Highway, St Leonards (the “Telstra site”) Recommendation that Council rejects a developer led planning proposal to allow a 53 storey, cantilevered, tower sitting above and beside the Telstra exchange building in St Leonards.
- Sport and Recreation Precinct - Concept PlanProposal to move to public consultation about the Lane Cove Golf Course as a Recreation Precinct. Concept Plans have now been developed which will accommodate: a nine (9) hole golf course; driving range; putt-putt golf; 5 indoor multi-sport courts; 4 outdoor multi-courts/ tennis courts; gym; golf professional shop; stage; reception; restaurant with extensive terrace; and a 300-space underground car park.
- Open Space in Sutherland Street - Consultation Outcome Proposal to adopt the 'larger park' option for the intersection of Sutherland St and Coxs Lane. (This is where Sutherland Street will be closed to traffic from Coxs Lane).
- New Year's Eve Celebrations - Manns Pt, Greenwich PennisulaThis report recommends Council explore alternatives to the closure of Greenwich Road on New Year’s Eve for celebrations at Manns Pt Reserve, with a view to maintaining safety while improving access for residents and their guests.
- Lane Cove's Energy Emissions and Water Use TargetsA list of actions for Council to pursue following the declaration of a 'Climate Emergency' in September 2019.
- Greenwich Village Games 2020 Proposal on how Council will support the Greenwich Games.
- Council SnapshotA summary of everything Council has done in the last month.
I hope you found this video and summary helpful.